Hello TNH Family
Let’s celebrate World Food Day 2020
World Food Day is widely known internationally on 16th October with different themes celebrations annually. Here is the world food day 2020 theme for us. “Grow, Nourish, Sustain. Together.”
In line with the theme for this year, the fitness and nutrition expert at OZiva, Mihir Gadani, co-founder and one of the pioneers in clean plant-based nutrition in India has some healthy nutritious recipes for us to try at home.
Here are the 5 easy to make tasty & healthy plant-based Oziva flavoured recipes for you to enjoy the world food day with your friends and family.
More Stories: 7 Best Gluten Free Indian Foods
1. High Protein Healthy Hummus: DIY Low-Calorie Protein-Rich Hummus On World Food Day
For this recipe, you need these 10 simple ingredients:
1) 1/2 cup chickpeas
2) 1 heaped tbsp tahini – creamed sesame seeds
3) 1/4 cup low fat natural/plain yoghurt
4) 2 chopped/crushed garlic cloves
5) 1 tbsp lemon juice
6) 1/2 tsp salt (essential)
7) 1/2 tsp cumin
8) 1/2 tsp paprika
9) 1 tbsp olive oil
10) 1 tsp OZiva Superfood Greens & Herbs
Here is the best method to prepare this recipe:
1. Gather the first set of ingredients like chickpeas, yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and any of your favourite options such as cumin or red roasted pepper into your blender or food processor.
2. Bravo! and if you would really like a smoother hummus then add 1-2 tbsp of the chickpea water at a time till you reach your preferred consistency.
3. Serve your high protein healthy hummus with raw carrot batons or toasted pitta bread and enjoy!
More Stories: How to make Delicious Fox Nut Pudding?
2. Enjoy Beautiful Protein-Packed Chocolate Pancakes On World Food Day
Let’s gather these 8 flavourful ingredients now:
1) 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
2) 1/2 tsp baking powder
3) 3 tbsp skimmed milk
4) 1/3 tsp chia seeds
5) 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
6) 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
7) A pinch of salt
8) 1/2 scoop Oziva Protein & Herbs (Chocolate)
Now here is the best method for you to enjoy your healthy pancakes:
1. Start with adding chia seeds to milk in a bowl and then stir well for proper mixing.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar and the vanilla essence extract. Then stir again for proper mixing.
3. Put the flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl and then blend to combine.
4. Pour the prepared liquid into the dry ingredients of pancakes and then stir well to combine for good consistency.
5. Take a look at your pan, spoon the pancake batter into it, when hot.
6. Watch and wait until you see some bubbles beginning to form at the upper surface of your pancakes.
7. Remove your chocolate pancakes from the pan and serve immediately to relish the taste.
More Stories: Relish Healthy Nutritional Yeast & your Food
3. Relish Ethnic Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi On World Food Day 2020
Friends, I’m pretty much excited looking at these 9 amazing ingredients in front of me, are you excited too?
1) 1/8 Cup Whole Wheat (Gehun)
2) 1 tsp Yellow Moong Dal
3) 1/8 tsp Ghee
4) 1/8 Spoon Oil
5) 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
6) 1/3 pc Green Chilli
7) 1/8 Spoon Hing
8) 1/8 Spoon Turmeric Powder
9) 1 tsp OZiva Superfood Green & Herbs
Finally, we’re going to have this superb nutritious ethnic dish. Read the method carefully:
1. Gently wash and soak the wheat in enough water in a deep bowl overnight.
2. Grind the wheat to a coarse paste in a mixer without the usage of any water. Keep aside.
3. Clean and wash the Moong Dal then soak it in a bowl with enough water for at least 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
4. Heat the Ghee and Oil in the pressure cooker and then add the cumin seeds, chillies, and hing (asafoetida).
5. Add the ground moong dal and wheat as soon as the seeds start crackling. Saute the ingredients on a medium flame for a couple of seconds until your satisfaction.
6. Add 3 and 1/2 cup of water then salt and turmeric powder to taste, mix well and pressure cook them for 6 whistles.
7. Let the steam be escaped before opening the lid and then blend properly.
8. Serve the hot nutritious Bikaneri Gehun Ki Khichdi immediately with slight cold curd and enjoy the richness of amazing flavours.
More Stories: Enjoy Stunning Bubble Tea @home
4. Healthy Coconut Smoothie Recipe For You To Celebrate World Food Day
Wow! Such a lovely drink to enjoy. Let’s make it quickly with these 6 nutritious ingredients:
1) ½ tsp OZiva Plant-Based Matcha Plus
2) 1 cup Mango (frozen and chopped)
3) 1 Banana (chopped)
4) 2 leaves spinach
5) 2 tsp unsweetened shredded Coconut
6) 1 cup of water
As soon as you get the ingredients, this is very easy to make. Here is the simple method for you:
1. Add all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until the ingredients are liquified.
3. Pour the juice in glasses and enjoy.
More Stories: How to make a Yummy Detox drink?
5. Delicious Coconut Banana Barfi To Serve Your Friends On World Food Day
Here are the 6 nutritious ingredients for the delicious sweet dish you’re going to have today:
1) ¼ scoop of OZiva Plant-Based Collagen Builder
2) ¼ cup milk
3) ½ Banana (mashed)
4) ½ cup shredded coconut (finely)
5) 1 tsp Chia seeds
6) Almonds for garnish
Now, you’re just 7 simple steps away from your lovely coconut barfi. Go with the method step by step & make it now!
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Make a thick mixture of it.
3. Evenly spread it on a plate.
4. Keep the mixture in the fridge until it becomes firm.
5. Let the mixture cool for five minutes after taking it out of the fridge.
6. Garnish it with almonds.
7. Then cut it into small pieces.