Cold Pressed Oil
When it comes to oils, we have a variety of oils. We use numbers of oil from the latest olive oil to the regular ones like walnut and sunflower oil to traditional oils like mustard and coconut oil.
We have numerous ways of extraction of these oils. The ways of extraction are classified into many categories as follows:
- Cold pressing
- Steam distillation
- Solvent extraction
- CO2 extraction
- Water distillation
- Distillation of water and steam
- Hot pressing
All these methods include different techniques and different machines for oil extraction.
In this article, we are going to know about the cold-pressed oils, their benefits, uses and how they are different from the hot pressed oils.
What is cold pressed oil?
Cold pressed oil is a special type of oil. It is special because no heat is used in the extraction of this oil. Oilseeds are pressed at a high pressure to extract the oil from them.
In this technique, a heat friendly environment is given to the oil. And heat should not be given to oil before and after the extraction.
- Rice Bran Oil Nutrition & 7 Amazing Health Benefits
- Virgin Coconut Oil Nutrition & 7 Superb Health Benefits
- Groundnut Oil Nutrition & 7 Stunning Health Benefits
What is the importance of cold-pressed oil?
The cold pressed oil extraction method is heat-free. Most of the oil techniques include chemical extraction and bleaching process but this oil is chemical and bleach-free. All these qualities make this oil special. Cold pressed oil contains all its natural flavour and all the nutrients.
As declared by WHO “cold pressed oils and fats are obtained, without altering the oil, by mechanical procedures”.
6 Amazing Benefits of Cold pressed Oil
Decrease the bad cholesterol in our body
Cold pressed oil contains unsaturated fatty acids. They are also rich in Vitamin E and phenols. It helps to reduce the bad cholesterol in our body and increase the good HDL cholesterol. It is very useful for liver health.
Boost immune system of our body
Cold pressed oil is a good source of oleic acid. It helps to boost the immune system of the human body. It is very useful when the coronavirus is everywhere.
Great skincare product
Cold pressed oil is natural oil. Hence it can be used directly on the skin. It acts as a natural toner and moisturizer for your skin. You can also use it as a base before applying foundation. If you apply and leave it overnight on your face it will nourish your skin deeply.
Promotes hair growth
Cold pressed oil is very good for hair. It will heal all the damage of your hair and provide the required nutrients for your hair. You can apply it directly to your hair for better results.
Good for cooking
When it comes to cooking oil, cold pressed oil is the best. It is free of chemicals, artificial aroma, and bleach. Therefore, it is good for cooking oil. It has a plethora of health benefits.
Contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
Inflammation can cause heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. Cold pressed oil contains an anti-inflammatory property which can reduce the chance of heart disease and cancer. It also cures Alzheimer disease. It has antioxidant properties also which fight against free radical production in our body.
Difference between Cold pressed oil and Hot pressed oil
Each edible oil is made in two ways. First is hot pressed oil and second is cold pressed oil.
You may not be able to find the difference between their look and taste. But these two processes are very different from each other.
The first difference is the use of heat. In cold pressed oil, no heat is used in its manufacturing process and therefore it contains all its natural flavour and nutrition. On the other hand, heat is used in hot pressed oil. It will increase its acid level and hence it undergoes a refined process to make the oil fit for consumption.
The second difference is the change that occurs during cooking. Hot pressed oil may produce foam and slit during cooking while cold pressed oil does not undergo these changes.
Cold-pressed oil: FAQS
- Q: What is cold-pressed oil?
- A: Cold pressed oil is a special type of oil. It is special because no heat is used in its manufacturing process. It is produced only by pressing of oilseeds.
- Q: Why should I use cold-pressed oil?
- A: You should use cold-pressed oil because it is free of chemical extraction and bleach. It retains all its natural flavour and nutrition. It is cent per cent of natural oil.
- Q: What is the difference between cold-pressed oil and hot-pressed oil?
- A: The major difference between them is the use of heat in the making of hot-pressed oil and it undergoes the refining process. While cold-pressed oil is heat-free and unrefined.
- Q: Which cold-pressed oil is good for cooking?
- A: Sesame oil, groundnut oil, and coconut oil are good for cooking.
- Q: Is cold-pressed oil good for frying?
- A: No, you cannot use cold-pressed oil for deep frying. Because if you use this oil for frying, the unsaturated fat will break down making it unsafe for consumption.
Cold-pressed oil vs Refined oil
Cold-pressed oil is made without heat and refined oil is made by hot pressing techniques. After then hot pressed oil undergoes the refining process to make it fit for consumption. Lots of chemicals and bleach is added during the refining process.
In this way, refined oil loses nutrition and antioxidant properties. On the other hand, cold-pressed oil contains all its nutrition, antioxidant properties, and oleic acid.
Although cold-pressed oil is quite expensive than refined oil. But cold-pressed oil has much more benefits than normal refined oil.
Uses of cold-pressed oil
Cold-pressed oil can be used in many ways:
- It can be used for cooking. It is excellent for baking.
- It can be used on hair to promote hair growth.
- It can be used on the skin to nourish your skin.
- Use it as a makeup base before applying the foundation.
- Apply it on your nails for healthy nails.
Cold-pressed oil is very good for our health. And you must add it to your diet slowly because your body takes time to adapt to the changes. You must switch your cooking oil to cold-pressed oil for a healthy lifestyle.