What should be Added Or Removed in Jaundice Diet?
Jaundice is a liver disorder. Liver cells are also known as hepatocytes. The term hepatic relates to the liver. According to doctors, jaundice is mainly three types, pre-hepatic, post-hepatic, and hepatocellular, especially in case of pre-hepatic level red blood cells get a huge breakdown.
Because of disease, due to high bilirubin pigments with RBC breakdown, your eyes and skin colour can get pale yellow, and urine could get dark with abdominal pain; these are the most common symptoms. In this article, we will give some essential tips which you should add to your jaundice diet chart. So let’s have a look.
More Stories: How to get an ever youth radiant face naturally?
Diet for jaundice patients
If you see any jaundice symptoms, firstly, you should talk to doctors. Well, here you will get a proper chart which you should follow. For jaundice patients, they need to drink per day nine to ten glasses of fluids. Water is the best option.
You can add fresh fruits, vegetables like melons, papaya, grapes, tomatoes, carrots, beets, and cauliflower.
Here we will give you a list which you should add in your jaundice diet chart.
1. Herbal Tea
Herbal tea is another best option to add to your jaundice diet. Herbal tea can help the patient to reduce inflammation of the liver. You can add coffee as well. Coffee can help you to minimize liver cirrhosis. You can get herbal tea from any online shops or any nearby shops.
2. Lean Protein foods
Protein, like any lean protein food, such as lite tofu or plain greek yoghurt can help you with your speedy recovery. Because of jaundice, you may feel weak. But lean protein foods can boost your body’s fat-burning hormones which help in quick recovery.
High fibre foods can also help you to improve cholesterol levels. High fibre foods can help you to recover properly.
Vitamins are always the best option for any disease. For jaundice patients, vitamins B, D and E are the most important. These will give the strength to recover your liver and will help you to heal properly. So vitamins should be added to your jaundice diet.
Fruits are another great option. You can add papaya, grapes if you want, then add vegetables like cauliflower too. You can add avocado as well. Because of jaundice, you may get tired, but fruits could instantly give energy. If you want, then you can drink fruit juice as well.
More Stories: Red Banana Nutrition & 7 Amazing Health Benefits
5. Is banana good for jaundice?
Fruits are good, but avoid bananas. As bananas are enjoyed massively but until you recover completely from jaundice, prefer something which is not substantial but only light foods. So before adding fruits in your diet chart, be careful about these dense fruits.
6. Milk Thistle
Another option which you can add in a jaundice diet that is milk thistle. Milk thistle shows its effect instantly. It’s a natural treatment. Milk thistle can be used for heart patients as well. It could give you many benefits. You can take it before having your food. You should be in an empty stomach.
It is to bring to your notice that milk thistle is a herb and should not be confused or added with milk in your diet; as milk would be difficult for your liver to accept during jaundice. Prefer an ultra-toned version of buttermilk instead. It’d be a lot easier to digest.
Water, drink as much as possible because you need to be hydrated. Water could help in proper digestion. It may also help you recover from kidney issues. You need to drink at least more than 2 litres of water. You can add two tablespoons of lime juice.
Another thing which you can add in your jaundice diet chart is honey. Well, honey is a natural thing that could help you in your recovery process. It could help you to improve your liver condition.
Yoghurt is naturally an amazing health food that could help you to improve your immunity power. But make sure that it is a homemade yoghurt, you can add a bowl of yoghurt. This is a natural healthy thing for your speedy recovery.
Another option for jaundice patients, nuts as well as legumes both are good. Nuts too can help you to boost up, and they are essentials for your body as well. They will give you vitamin E. So add nuts in your jaundice diet chart.
11. Fruits juice
You can add fruit juice like papaya juice, pineapple juice. These are a naturally healthy product during your treatment. You can add cauliflower soup as well. You can have fruit juice two to four times a day.
When it comes to juice well, you can add coconut water with coconut meat. Papaya leaf extract is also good for jaundice. This is the best solution for a jaundice patient. So add this in your jaundice diet chart.
More Stories: A Guide to Balanced Diet
Foods to Avoid during Jaundice
Here we will give you a list which you should not add in your jaundice diet chart.
Alcohol could be dangerous for your liver. Excessive drinking could damage your health leading to liver cirrhosis, so during your jaundice treatment, you should not drink alcohol. Try to avoid it altogether so that you could get a speedy recovery.
Any kind of seafood could be dangerous for your health during your jaundice treatment. Uncooked seafood could damage your liver. So try to avoid having any type of seafood if you are a patient of jaundice. Do not add seafood to your jaundice diet.
Excess or complex carbohydrates consumption could cause fat build up in your liver leading to further liver impairment issues. Therefore, you should try to avoid carbohydrate products during your entire treatment.
4. Refined sugars
Pasta, maida, etc. are a source of Refined sugars. All these should not be added to your diet chart during your jaundice treatment.
5. Canned foods
Canned foods are too salty, like mushrooms, corned beef, ham, asparagus there are many canned foods available in the market which you should surely avoid and do not add in your jaundice diet plan.
More Stories: 12 Amazing Benefits of Sendha Namak & How to use it?
Excessive salt products could be dangerous for your health as well as iron products. Do not have any type of salt or iron product during your treatment.
7. Red meat
Do you know red meat has high amino acid, which is not for jaundice patients? So avoid eating red meat.
8. Fried foods
During your jaundice treatment, try to avoid all those fried foods, as they would hamper liver recovery. Do not intake excess fats during treatment. So a strict ‘No’ to the fatty or any fried foods until full recovery.
Why do you need to maintain a Jaundice diet Chart?
Jaundice results in damage to the liver and creates many other health issues. According to doctors, jaundice is mainly three types, pre-hepatic, post-hepatic, and hepatocellular.
So because of jaundice, you could have many physical problems. You need a proper diet chart to get a speedy recovery.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a child or an adult. If you have jaundice, you inevitably follow your doctor’s prescribed chart. There are many things which you should avoid. Try to drink a lot of water. Do not eat seafood or any salty food.
You can talk to your doctor to get a proper diet chart. They can give you a weekly basis chart, which you need to follow during your treatment process.
More Stories: Top 5 Signs – Nutritional Deficiency & Obesity
12 Best Advice for Speedy Recovery
The following are 12 easy tips that you must follow during your jaundice treatment to get well soon.
- If you face this issue then intake water as much as you can, the best treatment. As water helps to digest food and also help to solve kidney issues. You need to drink at least more than 2 litres water by different means (like in the form of lemon water, tea, and by many other different ways).
- Milk thistle, you can add it in your plain black tea or, if you want, usually have it. It’s another quick tip during your treatment process. You can add this to your jaundice diet.
- Vegetables are a naturally healthy product. You can have tomatoes, carrots, beets, cauliflower. Fruits, you can have papaya or any other fruits, you can have these after lunch.
- Fresh fruits are always the best for any treatment. Try to have dal like palak-masoor dal, which could help you to improve your liver condition. These are fibre rich foods.
- Another thing which you can add in your diet chart is honey. Well, honey is a natural thing that could help you in your recovery process. It’s an easy tip for your speedy recovery.
- Oatmeal, berries as well as almonds try to have these. All these protein products could help you to build up the protein level. So add this to your diet chart.
- Orange peels, mango, these are other quick foods for you. Try these as well. If you are a jaundice patient, and if you have sugar, then do not add sugar in your tea or coffee, it could be bad for your health.
- If you want, try to have fruit juice instead of having fruits like orange and lemon juice. Salt products could be dangerous for your health as well as iron products. Do not have any type of salt or iron product during your treatment.
- During your treatment process, any creamy, fatty or fried foods could damage your health.
- Alcohol could be dangerous for your liver. Excessive drinking could damage your health, so during your jaundice treatment, you should not drink alcohol.
- Anything thing coconut meat with coconut water, you can have this for your breakfast. It could help your treatment process. So add this in your jaundice diet chart. Turmeric in jaundice is good for health, so use it, but before that, consult your doctor.
- Another tip for you which should include in your diet chart, oats, bajra khichdi, curd try to make it at your home because homemade food is always the best. You can add this to your initial days. But remember, do not add too much salt or spice.
More Stories: 7 Popular Superfoods around the world
Jaundice could damage your liver, skin as well as propagate any other health issue. So if you have jaundice you should talk to your doctor to maintain a proper diet chart. You will get a proper jaundice diet plan. We assure you that it will help you during your treatment process.
So follow a proper diet plan to solve jaundice & the concerned health issues.