Enjoy the amazing benefits of neem oil for hair
Are you suffering from the problem of dry scalp, split ends, dandruff, greying of hair, and thinning locks? If the answer is yes, then you can use neem oil for hair. You will get the supple and luscious hair.
The neem oil has been derived from fruits and seeds of the fast-growing neem tree. The neem oil is rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, calcium, antioxidants, and triglycerides. It is widely used for hair and skin care. In this article, we are discussing the relevance of neem oil for hair.
Know these 5 considerable advantages of using neem oil for hair
1. Neem oil is a great hair growth stimulator.
Are you aware that neem oil comes with regenerative properties? It helps in cell division, stimulates the growth of hair follicles, and increases the circulation of blood.
It helps to curb hair fall and hair thinning. Also, neem has antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. It prevents baldness and treats psoriasis. Psoriasis is a scalp problem that can result in permanent hair loss.
2. Neem oil is a wonderful conditioner for dry hair.
Neem oil for hair is a perfect remedy for dry hair. You can add neem oil with a carrier oil such as coconut oil. The neem oil is rich in various fatty acids such as stearic acid, oleic acid, and linoleic acid. These fatty acids nourish hair and scalp.
More Stories: 10 Amazing Benefits of Sesame Oil for Hair – Must Try!
3. Neem oil holds well documented proven benefits to cure itchiness and dandruff.
Are you aware that a fungus Candida is the main cause of dandruff? Dandruff is defined as flaky and dry skin on the scalp.
Neem oil is the perfect aid to combat dandruff as it contains anti-fungal properties. It also helps in soothing the scalp and offers relief from itchiness and inflammation.
4. Neem oil is the best remedy to get rid of lice.
Neem oil is an effective treatment for head lice. It contains an active ingredient, azadirachtin that disrupts the reproduction and growth of lice. You can gently massage the scalp with neem oil and leave overnight. Then you can wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
5. Neem oil is well known to cure scalp infection.
It helps to control the secretion of sebum. It also helps to normalize the oiliness and dryness of the scalp. Thus, helps to treat the infection on the scalp.
How to use neem oil for hair growth?
The neem oil is used for hair growth. It helps to flourish hair follicles. Also, protect the hair follicles from microbes. The antioxidant in hair prevents the hair from thinning and damage. The regular massage will make your hair stronger, denser, and thicker.
You can add coconut oil in neem oil. It can also be applied directly to the scalp and hair. You can massage gently and leave for 30 minutes. You can add a few drops of oil to the conditioner or shampoo.
If you want long hair, then apply this amazing mix on your scalp. Take few basil leaves, 1 teaspoon of bhringaraj, 1 teaspoon of fenugreek powder, and 1 teaspoon of shikakai in a bowl.
Now, mix a few drops of neem oil in the bowl. Apply on hair and scalp. Then wash it after 2 hours. This amazing paste helps in hair growth. The paste is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Best tips on use of neem oil for hair dandruff
Are you suffering from dry scalp? Do you feel embarrassed when the shirt collar gets covered with white flaky substances? If yes, then you can use neem oil for hair dandruff.
The neem leaves are widely available. The properties of neem help to treat dandruff. It possesses anti-microbial, antifungal, blood purifying, and anti-inflammatory properties. So, you can use neem for preventing hair dandruff. We are discussing certain ways to curb dandruff.
You can prepare for neem oil at home. You can simply add a few neem leaves to the coconut oil. Boil the mixture and add few drops of lemon. Now, rub this oil on the scalp and massage gently. Leave it overnight and wash hair with shampoo.
You can also apply a combination of neem oil and curd on the scalp. Make a paste of curd and neem oil. Then, apply on the scalp and leave for 15-20 mins. The antifungal properties of the neem and cooling effect of curd will help to fight dandruff.
The neem hair mask will help to get rid of dandruff. Take honey in a bowl and add a few drops of neem oil. Form a thick paste and apply it on the scalp like a hair mask. Allow to stay for 20 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Tips for reducing dandruff with the help of neem oil
1. You can wash your hair and apply apple cider vinegar. You can leave it for 2 mins and rinse it. Then apply neem oil on the scalp and wipe it with a clean towel.
2. Make your neem shampoo by adding one-half teaspoonful of neem oil in the bottle of shampoo. Then shake the bottle and mix the ingredients. You can apply shampoo once a week for the best results.
3. The concentrated neem oil can also be applied on the scalp. You can mix it with other oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, and jojoba oil.
4. Use less concentrated neem oil and apply it on the scalp. Then leave it for an hour and wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
5. Use neem oil for hair for getting rid of dandruff. Mix neem oil with a tablespoon of olive oil. You can apply it on the scalp and leave for 20 minutes. Then, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
6. You can also use neem oil with basil and tea tree oil. Gently massage the mixture on the scalp. This oil mixture is suitable for all kinds of hair.
7. You can also use a mixture of neem oil, rosemary oil, and tea tree oil. Mix in equal proportions and apply on the scalp. You can wash your hair after 2 hours.
8. Are you suffering from scalp infections? If yes, then you can mix lemon peel and neem oil in a bowl. Apply this mixture on your scalp daily. The lemon peel helps to prevent scalp infection and neem oil helps to get rid of dandruff.
Neem oil is a perfect remedy for the premature greying of hair
Many people often face the problem of premature hair greying. It affects the hair’s natural melanin and keratin. Grey hair is caused due to deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals. It can also be caused due to stress, pollution, and the use of hair products.
The hair turns grey when melanin production is reduced. Moreover, hereditary can also lead to the problem of premature greying of hair. The problems like vitiligo, hypothyroidism, albinism, and pernicious anaemia can lead to the greying of hair.
However, neem oil helps to prevent the greying of hair. You can apply crushed neem leaves in boiled water or neem oil to hair. Leave it overnight and clean hair with a shampoo. So, neem oil for grey hair is one of the perfect remedies. You will definitely be going to get rid of premature greying of hair.
Some precautions to take while using neem oil for hair
- Store neem oil in a dry and cool place.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Don’t keep neem oil in the fridge.
- You are advised to take a patch test before using neem oil on the scalp.
The final words on neem oil for hair
Neem oil for hair is the best remedy. It will help to get rid of various hair problems. You can get long and lustrous hair. Also, get rid of dandruff by applying neem oil on the scalp and hair length.
We have discussed various ways that will help you to apply neem oil on your scalp. So, you must implement them to get the best results.
The neem oil is the perfect remedy if you are suffering from balding and thinning of hair. The production of excess sebum leads to the clogging of pores on the scalp. The clogging results in inflammation that damages hair roots.
Rinsing hair with neem help to clean the scalp and clear clogged pores. So, use neem oil for hair growth and healthy hair.
Some FAQs about neem oil for hair
Q: Does neem oil work?
A: Yes, neem oil works. It encourages hair growth. It will also help to alleviate dryness and itchiness. Also, moisturizes the hair. So, you can use neem oil for hair.
Q: What are the side effects of neem oil?
A: The diluted neem oil is safe to use. However, people with sensitive issues can encounter irritation or itchiness. The irritation can be reduced by diluting neem oil. You can also do the patch test before using neem oil.
Q: At what time of the day you can apply neem oil?
A: The night is the best time to apply neem oil. You can mix neem oil in a carrier oil and apply it on the scalp. Leave it overnight for the best results.
Q: How can I apply neem oil to hair?
A: You can apply massage to the solution on your scalp. Apply diluted neem oil once in a day. Leave it overnight.