Mustard Oil For Hair: Enjoy 10 Miraculous Benefits With 4 Easy Home Remedies For You
Mustard oil is also known as ‘Sarson ka tel’. It is a versatile oil that is not only used for preparing dishes but it also comes with amazing health benefits. It not only boosts immunity, nourishes the skin, and treats cold but it provides various benefits to hair.
Mustard oil for hair makes your hair long and lustrous. It becomes quite difficult to struggle with unmanageable, dull, and rough hair. So, mustard oil helps to get rid of hair problems.
Certain Common hair problems are the flaky scalp, breakage of hair, dry hair, fizziness, heat damage, split ends, and water damage. We are also discussing various benefits of mustard oil for hair.
Mustard Oil Nutrition Facts
The nutrition information as per USFDA is mentioned:
One tablespoon of mustard oil contains
Sodium: 0 mg
Fat: 14 g
Mustard Oil vs Coconut Oil For Hair
Coconut and mustard oil are the two most used and nourishing oils. The coconut oil offers moisture and prevents the loss of natural protein. The mustard oil is used in a deep conditioning hair mask as it has warming qualities.
Many women and men take the benefit of these oils by applying on hair. The use of the right oil is quite important at the right time. The wrong oil can increase problems such as dandruff, greasiness, and hair fall. Hence, it is essential to use the right oil for the best outcome.
Related Stories: 10 Best Tips For You: How To Better Use Almond Oil for Hair?
Here Are The 10 Best Mustard Oil Benefits For Your Hair Growth & Benefits
1. Mustard oil acts as an amazing natural conditioner.
The mustard oil is rich in alpha fatty acids. It keeps your hair lively and hydrated. The fatty acids are an excellent conditioner. So, you can use mustard oil for hair is can be used to grow hair faster and keep them hydrated.
2. Mustard oil is a great option to nourish your hair.
Many people complain about thinning and hair fall. The hair follicles get weak. The reasons are stress, pollution, and nutrient deficiency. So, mustard oil for hair nourishes hair follicles and provides hair strength.
3. Mustard oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Mustard oil is quite rich in minerals such as calcium, iron, and magnesium. It is also a reservoir of vitamins such as A, D, E, and K. It is also a storehouse of beta carotene, zinc, and selenium.
4. Mustard oil helps increase blood circulation in your scalp.
If you are encountering the problem of lifeless and dull hair then you can do the hair massage with mustard oil. It will help to increase blood circulation that helps to prevent hair loss. The best way is to heat the mustard oil and massage on scalp and hair.
5. Mustard oil is well known to increase hair growth.
It is the reservoir of omega 3- fatty acids that stimulate the growth of hair.
6. Mustard Oil has good anti-fungal properties.
The mustard oil for hair consists of ALA content and erucic acid. They help to get rid of the fungus that leads to dry itchy flakes and dandruff. The build-up of fungus block hair follicles leading to hair fall and hair thinning.
7. Be happy, now No more hair loss.
Mustard oil for hair contains proteins that are important for the maintenance of healthy hair. If you are encountering the problem of hair loss then you are having a deficiency in essential proteins. So, massaging with mustard oil can solve the problem of hair fall.
8. Mustard oil helps prevent your scalp from dandruff.
It is anti-bacterial. The regular use of mustard oil helps to keep your scalp free from dandruff and clean.
9. Mustard oil works wonder in improving inflammatory scalp issues.
The mustard oil is effective in anti-inflammatory properties. It results to improve scalp conditions in eczema, dermatitis, folliculitis, and psoriasis.
10. Mustard Oil is naturally effective in treating premature greying of hair.
If you have the issue of premature greying of hair then mustard oil for hair is quite effective. The hair oil is a storehouse of antioxidants and selenium that enhances the production of melanin. The melanin provides the black colour to hair.
Related Stories: Amazing Kalonji: How to be sure of enjoying its 15 Benefits?
Things You Should Know Before Using Mustard Oil For Hair As Home Remedy
Mustard oil is safe to use. If your skin and scalp are sensitive then you can go for a patch test. The patch test can be done a minimum of 24 hours before.
The certain side effect of allergic reactions is skin rashes in the form of blisters and lesions. It can also lead to irritation in eyes and clogged pores.
The mustard oil for hair is quite essential to use as a single ingredient for hair care. You can just massage mustard oil on the scalp for improving the circulation.
You can massage and keep your scalp covered with a shower cap. You can wash your hair after 30 minutes with normal shampoo and conditioner.
How To Use Mustard Oil For Hair Growth?
Here Are Some Quick Tips For You To Use Mustard Oil
You can use a patch test before using mustard oil on scalp and hair. Also, it must be used regularly. You are advised to heat the oil for better results. Also, you can use mustard oil with hair masks. You can use different ingredients in hair masks.
We are discussing certain hair packs that can be used for promoting hair growth.
1. Yoghurt Pack With Mustard Oil
You can mix mustard oil and yoghurt. You can apply directly to the scalp. Then wrap hair in a hot towel for 30-40 mins. Then wash with shampoo. This will make your scalp smooth and shiny and soft hair. You can use this pack twice a week.
2. Aloe Vera Pack With Mustard Oil
In a bowl, mix aloe vera and mustard oil. You can apply this mixture on hair and scalp. You can leave it for 1 hour and then wash it with conditioner and shampoo. You will be able to prevent hair from damage. You can apply this remedy twice a week.
3. Lemon Juice And Mustard Oil Pack
You can take lemon juice, mustard oil and fenugreek powder in equal quantities. Then mix all three components in the bowl. You can apply it on hair and keep it for at least 1 hour.
You can wash it with mild shampoo and conditioner. Don’t worry the hair will become bouncy, soft, and healthy.
4. Banana and Mustard Oil Pack
You can use ripe banana and mix it with mustard oil. After that add some yoghurt for diluting the consistency. You can apply this banana and mustard oil pack directly on the scalp.
This pack will help to prevent frizzy hair. You can use it a minimum of twice a week. You are advised not to use a hairdryer as the hair will become frizzy and dry.
Some Precautions That Should Be Taken While Applying Mustard Oil For Hair Growth Benefits
1. Wash your hair before stepping out.
If you don’t wash your hair then it can lead to the attraction of dirt. Then, it will lead to damage of hair.
2. Don’t use it daily.
You must use mustard oil only 2-3 times in a week. It stimulates the growth of hair and also locks the required moisture.
3. Keep track of the amount of oil.
The oil quantity usage depends on hair texture. If you have damaged hair then you can leave the oil for 2-3 hours so that the oil can penetrate in hair follicles.
Some FAQs About Using Mustard Oil For Hair
- Q: Which is better mustard oil or olive oil?
- A: Mustard oil and olive oil are different. Both oils have important properties as they are rich in healthy unsaturated fats. The mustard oil has a high smoke point and is quite affordable as compared to olive oil.
- Q: Can mustard help in the re-growing of hair?
- A: Mustard oil acts as an elixir. It has many benefits for scalp and hair. You can massage your hair with mustard oil for improving the blood circulation. After applying mustard oil for 30 minutes, you can wash hair with normal shampoo.
- Q: Can mustard oil be left overnight?
- A: You can heat the mustard oil and massage on scalp and hair. Then cover your hair with a towel and shower cap. You can also leave it overnight and can do shampoo in the morning. The hair will become shiny and strong.
- Q: Can mustard oil be applied daily?
- A: It is not recommended to apply mustard oil daily. It can be used thrice a week for increasing the growth of hair. You can also apply mustard oil on the scalp and leave it overnight. Also, clean your hair in the morning.
- Q: Can you mix coconut and mustard oil for applying in hair?
- A: The mixture of coconut and mustard oil improves the health of the scalp. It also makes your hair lustrous and strong. It can be massaged from root to tip.
Related Stories: 10 Amazing Benefits of Sesame Oil for Hair – Must Try!
The Final Words On Using Mustard Oil For Hair Growth Benefits
Mustard oil for hair is an essential ingredient for the growth of hair. It will make your hair strong and lustrous.
If your hair is dull then you can use mustard oil twice or thrice a week. It must be a little hot before the application. Mustard oil can be used as a mask for better results.
The mustard oil is one of the best oils for improving the texture of hair. So, you can go for mustard oil if you want to make your hair strong.