Shatavari: The queen of herbs glad to be on your doorstep.
Shatavari is a plant that is majorly used by Indian as Ayurvedic medicine. It is a species of Asparagus. You may find various other names of this plant as well. It is known as merely Asparagus in English, and you may have heard of Satavar, Satavari, or even Satamuli in some regions of India.
The Scientific name for this particular plant is Asparagus racemosus, as its higher classification Asparagus. It belongs to Asparagales’s order of the Asparagaceae family from the kingdom Plantae.
Satavari is broadly used in India to cure various kinds of illness. Asparagus has an enormous amount of benefits and is often addressed as the queen of herbs. It has excellent use in Ayurveda. Also, Satavari can be used as homemade remedies that can be treated by you itself.
Overview and appearance
Shatavar is an adaptogenic herb that is a non-toxic type plant that mainly promotes fertility in women. More precisely, we can say it helps in the female reproductive system and improves mental issues.
If we consider its appearance as of it has 1000 roots, it grows 1-2 meters tall, mainly in rocky soil. It is commonly found in Himalayas, India, China, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Africa.
It is popularly cultivated in Indian states, including Arunachal Pradesh, Delhi, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Punjab, Jharkhand, Kerala, and Gujarat.
It is a plant with a woody type of body. Its leaves look like pine, needle-like, and luminous leaves. Its flowers bloom in June and July. The flowers are usually white with a tinge of pink on it.
Benefits of Shatavari
Shatavar has exceptionally beneficial properties that have been used to cure various health disorders over the years. It has been used to promote fertility in women over the years; however, it has other benefits and can be used by men and children.
It is immensely helpful in treating reproductive disorders. Here is a useful guide about a few advantages of the Asparagus plant. It promotes fertility in women, improves mental health, Anti-allergic, Anti-spasmodic, Galactagogue, Reduces blood pressure, Antiseptic, Cool aid, Anti-inflammatory, Laxative, and many more.
1. Benefits of Shatavari plant for women
As we all are well aware, about Satamuli plant is an excellent use for various disorders, especially to females. Here are a few benefits of the Satavari plant for females. I hope it turns out to be a helpful guide to you.
- It improves fertility in women.
- It reduces the hormone imbalances.
- It relieves period cramps.
- It also helps in the reduction of heavy flow during menstruation.
- Mothers often consume it for breastfeeding as it helps in Galactagogue. That is, it increases milk supply in mothers.
- It also increases the size of the breasts.
- It helps in treating white discharge in women.
- It helps reduce menopause symptoms.
- It helps in lowering the water level in the flow during menstruation.
- It can be used as a little relief for PCOS.
- Various other menstrual problems can be cured with the Satavari plant, such as irregular menstruation and many more.
- Asparagus plant is also convenient for uterine bleeding.
2. Benefits of Shatavari plant for men
Satavar plant has been often used for treating women in various ways, but it is not just limited to women. Satavari is also very obliging to men as well. Here are a few benefits of the Shatavari plant, which will be helpful for men.
- As for men, sometimes men can go through few reproductive disorders as well, and so for that, there are various benefits of Satavar plant for men. Reproduction disorder like erectile dysfunction has often been found in men, and the Satamuli plant can cure it.
- Satamuli plant also helps in increasing sperm count in men.
- It helps to relieve stinging in men.
- It helps in curing in infirmity in men.
- It can be used to resuscitate the male reproductive organ.
3. Other benefits of Shatavari plant
Apart from healing and treating reproductive disorders, the Satavar plant has also been considered favourable to many other turbulences. It can be previously used as home remedies and is a non-toxic herb. It is often used and trusted by consumers.
Here is a list of turbulences cured by the Shatavari plant and various other uses.
- Asparagus can treat skin irritation and sting.
- The Shatavari plant can treat acne and pimple problems.
- Satavari plant has a cooling property that can reduce body temperature.
- Satamuli plant has been an effective remedy for mumps as well.
- Indigestion problems can be cured by using the Satavari plant as well.
- Constipation has been found in most people nowadays, and the Shatavari plant can be a great cure as a laxative if you’re facing this problem.
- It can also be used as alcohol withdrawal. Being an adaptogenic herb, it is of significant withdrawal toxicities.
- It also helps in reducing mental and psychological issues such as anxiety and stress.
- Satavar reduces high blood pressure.
- It also takes care of your heart.
- Satamuli plant can be an unquestionable treatment of ulcer, acidity diarrhoea.
- It also treats colitis, which is often taking place due to poor digestion.
- Satavar plant can be beneficial for gaining weight too.
- Satamuli plant has an excellent use for hair.
More Stories: Neem oil for hair health: Know how to gain 5 advantages?
4. The benefit of the Shatavari plant for hair
Often women and men are facing trouble like hair loss. Hair loss occurs due to extreme stress, poor care, and maybe deficiency of nutrients. Shatavari plant can help in stimulating the quality of octo-alloy, which nourishes the root of hair follicles.
This can be known as the benefit of the Shatavari plant for hair. Consuming Asparagus can help in reducing the deficiency of essential nutrients for hair.
5. Benefits of Shatavari plant for weight gain
To stay fit, we must eat properly, exercise daily, and maintain our weight too. But nowadays everyone is starving themselves to maintain a diet. In most cases, it has been found that often people lack immunity and are falling ill now and then.
To stay healthy, one must take care of their immunity. And the benefits of the Shatavari plant for weight gain are undoubtedly the most trusted way. Asparagus provides immense strength to our body and recovers immunity power. As a result, people gain healthy weight.
Precautions for Shatavari uses
- Excessive usage may cause side effects.
- Consulting a doctor is recommended.
- Satavari should be avoided during pregnancy.
- A person with heart disease must consult a doctor before using Satavari.
Shatavari plant is available as Shatavari powder, also known as Shatavri churna, Shatavari capsules, which can be made a paste out of Shatavari plants, Shatavari juice, Shatavari syrups, and Shatavari tablets.
- Shatavari juice and syrup can be taken 1-2 teaspoon per day.
- Shatavari tablet and can be taken 1-2 tablets per day.
- Shatavari powder can be taken ½ teaspoon per day.
- Shatavari capsules can be taken 1-2 per day.
- Shatavari paste can be taken 1 teaspoon per day and if applied to the affected area then once a day till it dries off.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Is Shatavari suitable for males?
A: Yes, as it is an adaptogenic and non-toxic herb, it causes no harm to oneself if they follow the precautions correctly and take the dosage accordingly.
Q2. How to take Shatavari powder?
A: There are various ways of taking Satavari powder. Satamuli powder can be consumed with milk or water. If applying needed, you can mix it with rose water and make it into a fine paste and use it in affected areas.
Q3. Can Satavari help women get pregnant?
A: It is recommended not to consume Satavari during pregnancy, but if there is a need, the woman should consult a doctor and ask if she could consume or not.
Q4. When should women take Shatavari?
A: Though there is no specified time, it is recommended to take ½ teaspoon of Shatavari powder with milk or honey or ghee after lunch and dinner. Repeating this process every day will give sooner results as it will increase the lactation.
Q5. Can Shatavari be used for skin treatment?
A: Yes, usage of Satavari on acne and pimple will heal the area soon and also reduced the chance of getting black spots. Take Shatavari powder, mix it well with coconut oil, make it a fine paste, and then apply it to the affected area. Let it dry well, then rinse it off with water. Do not rub off the paste, wipe it off calmly.
Q6. Is there any side effect of using the Shatavari plant?
A: To be general, there are no side effects for the usage of Shatavari as it is a herb and used widely in Ayurveda. However, Satamuli is cold, so there is a slight chance of catching a cold, throat soreness and coughing if one overuses it.
We have discussed everything about the Shatavari plant and its vast benefits that have been used over the years in our home and Ayurveda. We also discussed dosage and precautions thoroughly too. So we can conclude this content to the finishing point with good faith that the Shatavari plant is a great friend to all of us.